Thursday, July 23, 2009

Kerstien Matondang: Sharon in ART

I have scanned the internet for photos of Sharon and have come across some great art ones. The best ones, in my opinion, are that of German Artist Kerstien Matondang. If you have not already visited her site please do:

http://www.kerstien.se/sharoninart.htm

I asked Matondang some questions via email recently and I thought I'd share that interview with all of you.

What made Sharon so special that you decided to use her as a subject of your art?

Answer: Why is Sharon so special to me? It's funny...I can't tell. She just touched a cord, I guess. Ok, the first impression was her beautiful looks.


It has to be the first thing everybody notices. I became interested in Sharon the first time I saw her on the big screen, Fearless Vampire Killers. Her face - from that moment on - seemed to me
like a beautiful landscape. Since I am a hobby painter, she easily became my favorite motive.

When studying her bio, reading her story, learning how sweet her soul was it's very easy to be interested in her personality as well.

Personally, I felt there were many aspects of Sharon's behavior that felt familiar to me. And I'm not the only one who felt that way.





Can you tell me about seeing Sharon on the big screen for the first
time?

Answer: I happen to see "The Fearless Vampire Killers" movie by chance. Friends talked me into it.

When Sharon appeared on the big screen...I thought I never saw such a beautiful face, ever.

What do you think of Roman Polanski?

Answer: I like Roman as well. I don't care about the rumors, I saw interviews and made up my own mind. After all, Sharon choosed to be with him - somehow I can understand why.

I have heard she was much more popular in Europe, is that true?

Answer: Sharon and Europe: I believe people loved her wherever she appeared. She and Roman were spending lots of time in England, I wrote.

BTW, I'm a German living in Sweden - regarding old magazines from Germany, I got the colds while reading some articles. The German journalists didn't treat her too well - IMO.

That was before the murders. Afterwards they stopped it. Excerpt the fact - all over the world - they critized her life style.( As everyone knows.) Later on, people discovered her true, wonderful character.

Where were you when you heard the news of her tragic death and how did you feel
about it?


Answer: The tragedy, that horrible night...there are no words to it. I have no words anymore...



Do you have any current creations of Sharon you are working on?

Answer: At the moment I'm not working on a new Sharon project.

It's mostly all of a sudden I got inspirations and "have to do it"!;)

Any final comments?

Answer: There's not much more I can say. Some people touches you in some ways, they leave strong impressions, like in Sharon's case.

You're not always able to tell exactly why that is so. It just IS.:)



I couldn't have said it better myself! Thanks for the great interview!

No comments:

Post a Comment